Jason Hill is an associate at Kennedy & Graven, Chartered, practicing in the areas of town law and litigation. Jason joined Kennedy & Graven in 2018.
Jason has nearly 19 years of experience representing governmental entities, law enforcement officers and elected officials, primarily through the litigation of civil rights matters. After law school, Jason returned home to practice for more than 3 years on Minnesota’s Iron Range, working in the areas of litigation defense and municipal law. For the next 15 years, Jason worked for litigation defense firms in the Twin Cities representing primarily Minnesota counties and practicing in a wide variety of areas of the law, including civil rights litigation, motor vehicle liability, premises liability, construction litigation and employment law.
Jason and his wife are the parents of two active young boys, who enjoy all things outdoors and sports. Jason enjoys music, sports and is active in his community, including being a member of the board of directors of his community youth athletics association.
Jason has this to say about Kennedy & Graven:
Working with towns brings me back to my roots growing up in a town on the Iron Range, and at Kennedy & Graven, I have the privilege of working with collaborative, knowledgeable and experienced attorneys who strive to achieve the best outcomes for local governments of all sizes.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor cum laude – 1999
- University of North Dakota
- Bachelor of Arts summa cum laude – 1996
- Honors: Four-Year Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Minnesota, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, pro hac vice, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Member of Board of Directors
- Defense Research Institute, Member of Governmental Liability Committee
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association