Martha Ingram’s practice focuses on Public Finance and Economic Development and Redevelopment.
Martha joined Kennedy & Graven in 2005. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Martha attended St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and graduated magna cum laude in 1988 with a double major in French Language and Literature and Religion.She went on to receive her M.A. in French from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, and worked as a translator of legal and medical documents until 2001, when she entered law school at the University of Minnesota.
During law school, Martha worked as a law clerk at the Office of the General Counsel of the University of Minnesota and served as a Note and Comment Editor of the Minnesota Journal of Global Trade.She earned her law degree cum laude in 2004.Martha clerked for the Honorable Helen M. Meyer of the Minnesota Supreme Court before joining the public finance group at Kennedy & Graven.
Martha has this to say about Kennedy & Graven:
It is deeply satisfying to work with Minnesota municipalities toward accomplishing projects that will help their communities continue to grow and thrive. Kennedy & Graven is an exciting place to practice because there is such great depth of knowledge about public finance and commitment to meeting our clients’ needs.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor cum laude – May, 2004
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Law Journal: Minnesota Journal of Global Trade, Note & Comment Editor, 2003 – 2004
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- M.A. – April, 1992
- Major: French Language and Literature
- St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
- B.A. magna cum laude – May, 1988
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: French Language and Literature, Religion
- Minnesota, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Member
- Raw Deal: Trade Implications of the U.S. Food & Drug Administration’s Pending Review of Unpasteurized Cheeses, 12 MN Journal of Global Trade, p. 426, 2003