Alex D. Ivan is an associate attorney with Kennedy & Graven, Chartered. Prior to joining Kennedy & Graven, he practiced in Arizona with a firm representing over 40 public school districts throughout that State. Alex’s practice is concentrated primarily in the areas of education law and civil litigation, with a particular emphasis on special education law.
A Colorado native, Alex earned his B.A. in economics and political science, summa cum laude, from Baylor University where he was selected as a Phi Beta Kappa scholar. Before entering law school, he taught high school English and obtained his M.Ed. in Secondary Education from Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Arizona State University. Alex received his J.D. from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University. While a law student, he worked in the Arizona Department of Education’s Special Education Dispute Resolution Unit. Alex is licensed to practice in Minnesota and Arizona, and is a member of the National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys.
In his spare time, Alex enjoys hiking, cooking, and traveling with his wife, Jill, and son, Peter.
Alex has this to say about Kennedy & Graven:
I am honored to be a part of Kennedy & Graven, and I consider it a privilege to provide legal counsel to Minnesota’s public school districts which dedicate themselves daily to the success of all students in their care.
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
- J.D. – 2015
- Arizona State University, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Tempe, Arizona
- M.Ed. – 2012
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- B.A. summa cum laude – 2009
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Economics and Political Science
- Navajo Nation Supreme Court
- Hualapai Nation Courts
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit