Sam Ketchum is an associate attorney at Kennedy & Graven, and practices primarily in the areas of municipal law, litigation, and environmental law.
Sam graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School in 2017, with concentrations in civil litigation and environmental and energy law. Prior to joining Kennedy & Graven, he worked as a Judicial Law Clerk in Hennepin County District Court. During law school, Sam worked in the general counsel’s office of an international manufacturing company, as a student director in the Law School’s Civil Practice Clinic, and for an environmental law professor.
Sam graduated from the University of Minnesota Twin-Cities in 2014. Prior to graduating, he interned at the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office and worked in the government relations departments at two local law firms. Sam was also heavily active in student government and local community organizations.
When he is not practicing law, Sam can usually be found playing hockey, fishing, hiking, biking, or attempting to cook.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. – 2017
- National Moot Court
- Honors: Dean’s List; Dean’s Elite Scholarship; Floyd Forsberg Environmental Quality Scholarship;
Certificate of Recognition, Law School Public Service Program
- Activities: Student Director, Robins Kaplan Civil Practice Clinic; Vice President, Litigation and Trial Advocacy Group;
Environmental and Energy Law Society; Minnesota Justice Foundation; Fighting Mondales Ice Hockey Club
- Concentrations: Civil Litigation and Environmental & Energy Law
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- B.S. & B.A. – 2014
- Honors: Dean’s List; Judge Earl and Mrs. Cecill Larson Scholarship; David and Janis Larson Scholarship
- Activities: Chair & Member, University Student Legal Service Board of Directors;
President, University of Minnesota Pre-Law Society; Student Affairs Representative, University Senate
- Majors: Psychology and Political Science
- Minor: French Studies
- Université Paul Valéry, Montpellier, France
- Advanced French Program
- Minnesota, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Environmental, Energy, and Natural Resources Section, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Civil Litigation Section, Minnesota State Bar Association
- New Lawyers Section, Minnesota State Bar Association