Sofia Lykke is a shareholder at Kennedy & Graven, Chartered, practicing in the area of public finance, with particular focus on governmental bonds, conduit bonds, school district financing, and economic development.
Sofia acts as bond counsel to a variety of counties, cities, and townships in general obligation bond transactions and conduit revenue bond transactions, including those providing for the financing of senior housing facilities, affordable housing facilities, and charter schools and other educational facilities, as well as tax increment revenue bond transactions. Sofia also acts as bond counsel to school districts in school building bond transactions and other forms of school financing including lease-purchase transactions, and advises school districts regarding referendum questions. In addition, Sofia acts as counsel to economic development authorities and housing and redevelopment authorities in connection with municipal economic development and redevelopment.
Sofia lives in Saint Paul with her husband and two sons. In her spare time, Sofia enjoys running, cooking, party planning, watching her sons play sports, and spending time with family and friends.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. – 2010
- Law Review: William Mitchell Law Review, Assistant Editor, 2009 – 2010
- Law Review: William Mitchell Law Review, Member, 2008 – 2009
- University of Minnesota
- B.A. magna cum laude – 2000
- Major: Cultural Studies/Comparative Literature
- University of Amsterdam – 1999
- Major: European Studies/Comparative Literature
- Minnesota, 2010
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Member
- Minnesota Women’s Lawyer’s Association, Member
Honors and Awards
- Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer, 2013 and 2014