Bob Vose is a shareholder with Kennedy & Graven, Chartered. He serves as city attorney for Belle Plaine, Independence, Oak Grove, Pine Island, Victoria, Nicollet, Greenwood, and Rogers. In addition, Bob practices in the areas of Government Relations and Administrative Law, and Telecommunications and Utility Law.
Bob received his B.A. in Philosophy from the University of Wisconsin in 1990 and, in 1994, he received his law degree from the University of Minnesota Law School. While in law school, Bob worked as a summer associate in Duluth, Minnesota.
Bob began practice focused in municipal cable franchising and telecommunications law. He has represented many municipalities throughout Minnesota in the rapidly evolving area of municipal telecommunications regulation and right-of-way management. In 1999, Bob joined Kennedy & Graven and expanded his work to general municipal matters. In addition to serving as city attorney for 8 cities, Bob continues to assist communities around the state with cable franchising matters.
Bob has this to say about his practice:
- My primary goal as a municipal attorney is to communicate legal issues and concerns in a straightforward way that allows policy-makers to make the best decisions for their communities. It is satisfying to play a role in bringing clarity and common sense to the important work done by local governments. I also continue to enjoy working with local governments to ensure that telecommunications services and facilities meet the needs of the community and local institutions, and also to provide an important community development tool.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor – 1994
- Honors: Dean’s List
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Bachelor of Arts – 1990
- Honors: Golden Key Honor Society
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Major: Philosophy
- Minnesota, 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- National Telecommunications Officers and Advisors, Member
- Minnesota Association of Community Telecommunications Administrators, Member
- Minnesota Association of Community Telecommunications Administrators, Former Chair – Legislative Committee
- Minnesota Association of Community Telecommunications Administrators, Legal Counsel & Lobbyist
- Frequent Presenter, Telecommunication Conferences, NATOA
- Frequent Presenter, Telecommunication Conferences, MACTA