Maggie R. Wallner has provided legal counsel to numerous Minnesota school districts for three decades. She concentrates her practice in the areas of employment and labor law, administrative hearings, the administration of collective bargaining agreements and grievance arbitration, discrimination and civil rights law, student discipline, education law and employee benefits. She has also represented school districts in litigation matters in state, federal and appellate courts.
Maggie is a frequent lecturer, most prominently in the areas of discrimination and civil rights laws, the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, public sector employment law, teacher tenure law and sexual harassment.
A graduate from the University of Minnesota-Duluth, Maggie received her law degree from William Mitchell College of Law in 1988. She formerly worked as a county child protection social worker and in the labor relations department of Northwest Airlines, Inc.
Maggie has this to say about her practice at Kennedy & Graven:
My clients are dedicated administrators and school boards who face a myriad of challenges in providing education to our children. I consider it a privilege to work with clients as part of their “team” to prevent or, when necessary, solve legal problems that detract from their goals.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor – 1988
- University of Minnesota-Duluth, Duluth, Minnesota – 1977
- Minnesota, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Council of School Attorneys, Member
- National Council of School Attorneys, Member
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Ramsey County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota Bar Association, Employment Law Section Member
- Minnesota Bar Association, School Law Section Member
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Legal Issues in Student Discipline, Minnesota State Bar Association CLE
- Religion in Public Schools, Minnesota State Bar Association CLE
- The No Child Left Behind Act – What it Means for Schools, Minnesota State Bar Association CLE
- Legal Issues in Volunteer Management, Minnesota State Bar Association CLE
- The Pledge of Allegiance and Other First Amendment Issues, Minnesota State Bar Association CLE
- School District Liability for Student-to-Student Sexual Harassment, Minnesota State Bar Association CLE
- Reasonable Accommodation Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Minnesota State Bar Association CLE
- The Family Medical Leave Act – What is (and is not) Required of Public Schools, Minnesota State Bar Association CLE