Kennedy & Graven, Chartered is seeking a full-time Information Technology Specialist to support firm operations.
1. The IT Specialist’s big picture responsibility will be to direct the Firm as to how technology can best increase efficiency and effectiveness in providing legal services.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
- Continuously analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
- Prepare cost benefits analysis when upgrades are necessary
- Implement the use of templates and document assembly
- Roll out and maintain technology application and ensure Firm is using them effectively
- Training of staff as necessary and creating on-demand training video for recurring requests
- Set up Firm Intranet
- Make cybersecurity recommendations and conducting periodic cybersecurity checks
- Develop familiarity with the following software programs: Trial Director, ProLaw, Disco, Thunderbird, Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, eDocs DM, Olympus Dictation, Zoom (including hardware set up of conference rooms for depositions and court), Adobe, Evidence.com and other proprietary surveillance software
Estimated time: 35%. This could be higher at times if rolling out new technologies.
2. E-Discovery and Litigation support.
- Open Cases in Litigation Support software and upload data
- Conduct searches of email data (Microsoft/Google)
- Export search results and convert to PDF and other formats
- Use of Adobe Premier for video redaction and creation
- Communication with clients or outside parties to handle questions on data transfer
Estimated time: 10%.
3. The Firm has an outside IT managed services provider (MSP). The MSP does the primary support and special projects for traditional Level 2 and 3 IT operations, such as maintaining desktop and server operating systems, security tools, servers, back up and disaster recovery, firewalls and anti-virus. The IT Specialist will interact with managed support as needed and maintain at least a high-level understanding of the support and projects conducted by the MSP.
Estimated time: 5%
4. Provide Level 1 End-User Support such as basic PC support and troubleshooting; provide such support to remote workers; and perform a wide variety of tasks as needed including password resets, printer configurations, and software installations. Create accounts and computer set up for new users.
The managed care provider does provide 24/7 phone support for users as needed.
Estimated amount of time: 45%. This can be lowered if time is needed for other tasks because the MSP provides 24/7 phone support for end users as needed.
5. Misc. tasks as they arise: Estimated time: 5%
The Firm will consider candidates with a wide range of qualifications and levels of experience.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Previous Law Firm IT Specialist experience
- Previous experience in implementing initiatives to increase organization efficiency and effectiveness though technology
- Previous experience in E-Discovery
- A good foundation in general Level 1 computer support
- The ability to pick up new skills, desire to solve problems and be service oriented
Annual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. We offer a generous benefits package that includes firm-paid employee medical coverage, firm-paid family dental coverage, firm-paid life and disability coverage, and an employer 401(k) contribution.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Shantel Schmale, Human Resources Manager, at [email protected].
Kennedy & Graven, Chartered provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.