Kennedy & Graven is seeking an Associate to practice with the litigation team. This position will include matters involving employment, civil rights (including first amendment, search and seizure and discrimination), and torts, with opportunities to work in all areas of litigation including code enforcement, land use, eminent domain, and construction.
Kennedy & Graven, Chartered is a 35-attorney firm and has its principal office in downtown Minneapolis. Our firm represents local governments (cities, counties, school districts, townships, port authorities, economic development authorities, housing and redevelopment authorities and other public purpose entities) in numerous areas, including litigation. The Firm has 11 attorneys that focus on litigation including insurance defense for local governments; land use, employment, construction and eminent domain.
- Licensed to practice and drive in Minnesota
- A long–term career interest in local government law and the provision of services to public entities
- Prior insurance defense experience or other heavy litigation experience of at least three years
- Prior experience handling multi-party litigation, including collective and class actions
- Judicial clerkship with state or federal trial and appellate courts
- Licensed to practice in Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota or North Dakota
Competitive salary and benefits.
Preference will be given to applications submitted before October 1, 2021.
Please email resume, cover letter and unofficial law school transcript to Neil Simmons, Administrator, Kennedy & Graven, Chartered, 150 S. 5th St., Suite 700, Minneapolis, MN 55402 at [email protected] Please email Neil Simmons with any questions.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Kennedy & Graven, Chartered will give equal consideration to all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.