Kennedy & Graven, Chartered is a 35 attorney firm established in 1973. Our firm represents local governments (cities, counties, school districts, townships). Please visit www.kennedy-graven.com. This position is at our principal office in downtown Minneapolis.
Position responsibilities include:
- Develop, update, and implement employee handbook and policies
- Create job descriptions for staff
- Lead talent recruitment, retention/engagement efforts and employee transitions
- Develop and oversee onboarding process for new team members
- Manage the review and feedback process for staff and associate attorneys
- Oversee the compensation processes for staff and associates
- Assist in administering the firm’s benefits and leave programs
- Serve as liaison and point of contact for staff and attorneys for human resources matters, practice development goals, and concerns
- Develop and implement innovative programs to enhance productivity, efficiency, job satisfaction, staff/attorney relationships
- Review and analyze industry trends and best practices for law firm human resource matters
- Assess training needs and oversee training programs for staff and attorneys
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Communicate with shareholders and management regarding human resource issues, including attending Executive Committee meetings as needed
- Oversee updates to the firm’s website and other social media platforms
- Engage in marketing initiatives that promote the success of the firm and its attorneys
Responsibilities related to diversity & inclusion initiatives include:
- Oversee implementation, monitoring, and further development of the firm’s Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility and Equity Plan
- Serve as the firm’s HR representative on committees of Twin Cities Diversity in Practice and managing the firm’s TCDIP clerkship program
- Coordinate trainings, speakers, and other educational events that promote diversity & inclusion goals
- Plan team events to promote cohesion and inclusivity, including firm social events
The ideal candidate for this position will have 5+ years of human resources experience. Experience in developing and supporting DEI strategy and initiatives is a strong plus.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range of $80K-$95K commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package includes 100% employer paid health insurance coverage; family dental coverage; life and disability insurance. Also includes 3.% 401(k) contribution and paid vacation and personal/sick leave.
Email cover letter and resume to Neil Simmons, Administrator, Kennedy and Graven, Chartered, 150 S. 5th St., Suite 700, Minneapolis, MN 55402 at [email protected] If you have questions about the position, please email to same.
Kennedy & Graven, Chartered gives equal consideration to all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance. We encourage all candidates to apply, including candidates from diverse communities or who self-identity as diverse.