Employment Position Real Estate Paralegal
Kennedy & Graven, Chartered practices in the areas of municipal law, public finance, school law and real estate. Our main office is located in downtown Minneapolis.
We prefer to hire someone who would have the equivalent of 5 or more years of experience in duties relating real estate paralegal work. Experience and competence related to conducting real estate closings is very important
Related duties could include to varying degrees the following:.
– Review title commitments and determine the steps necessary to proceed to closing.
– Review of abstracts.
– Review ALTA surveys and legal descriptions for accuracy; identify easements and other restrictions of record.
– Draft conveyance documents and easements.
– Plat reviews to ensure that the plat has met various requirements; legal descriptions; dedications and utilities designations.
– Conduct closings and handle the recordings necessary to complete transactions and follow up on any post-closing matters.
– Review development agreements to ensure that various real estate items addressed in the development agreement are done per the agreement.
– Manage condemnation files; title work for parties to be served and perform due diligence to locate parties for service of process.
– Handle misc. recording duties and electronic or in person real estate record research.
Salary competitive with real estate paralegal positions in the Twin Cities area; commensurate with education and experience; position includes paid vacation; paid sick leave; employer provided medical single coverage, family dental coverage; life and disability insurance, 401(k) contribution, 37.5 hour work week excluding lunch breaks.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to Neil Simmons, Administrator, Kennedy and Graven, Chartered, Fifth Street Towers 150 South Fifth Street, Suite 700 Minneapolis, MN 55402 or fax to 612-337-9310, or e-mail to [email protected]
Kennedy & Graven, Chartered is an equal opportunity employer and will give equal consideration to all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, sexual preference, or status with regard to public assistance.