General Counsel • Special Counsel • Litigation
There are over 1,700 townships in the State of Minnesota and about 900,000 residents residing in townships.
Kennedy & Graven, Chartered, combined with the history of the firm Leffler, whose attorneys joined the firm in 1989, has provided representation to local units of government including townships since 1958.
In 2006, Troy J. Gilchrist joined the firm after serving as attorney for the Minnesota Association of Townships from 1991-2000 and as General Counsel and Director of Operation of the Minnesota Association of Townships Agency from 2000 – 2006.
K and G is currently representing well over 100 townships in various matters including general legal matters, municipal bonds and litigation.
These townships are located through the state and include:
- Denmark Township, Washington County
- Hampton Township, Dakota County
- Baldwin Township, Sherburne County
- Le Sauk Township, Stearns County
- Birchdale Township, Todd County
- New Prairie, Pope County
- Kathio Township, Mille Lacs County
- Irondale Township, Crow Wing County
- Roosevelt Township, Crow Wing County
- Shamrock Township, Aitkin County
- Turtle Lake Township, Cass County
- Woodrow Township, Cass County
- Lake Jessie Township, Itasca County
- Ten Lake Township, Beltrami County
- Henrietta Township, Hubbard County
- Greenwood Township, St. Louis County
- Hickory Township, Pennington County
- Roseville Township, Kandiyohi County
- Stanton Township, Goodhue County
- Janesville Township, Waseca County
- Lorain Township, Nobles County
- Lake Sarah Township, Murray County
- Pleasant Mound Township, Blue Earth County