Kennedy & Graven has extensive experience in the practice of environmental law through the representation of both public and private clients.
The firm has advised numerous clients regarding environmental laws, including Minnesota Environmental Rights Act (MERA), Minnesota Environmental Response Liability Act (MERLA), and Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) claims and regulation of landfills. Members of the firm have lobbied for legislative changes concerning environmental issues.
Representative clients include cities, towns, counties, development and redevelopment authorities, counties, waste control commissions, business property owners, utility and pipeline companies, and citizen groups.
We represent clients on a wide variety of matters, including:
- Acquisition of contaminated real estate
- Response and remedial action for property owners
- Cost recovery actions for owners
- Condemnation of contaminated land
- Wetland regulatory matters
- Federal and state superfund litigation
- Litigation related to environmental matters
- Brownfields development
- Water resources management
- Feedlot regulations